This is the era of virtual media players which can be installed and used in various devices to play media files. Kodi is one of those media players that are compatible with most of the modern operating systems. This powerful application can play any media file without losing the quality. But cache memory is the most irritating thing that may interrupt you while watching your favorite movie through online streaming. To overcome this problem, you need to know that how to clear cache on Kodi. After deleting the cache memory, you will not face any buffering issue while streaming.
There is numerous software available on the internet but all are not capable of playing every kind of video format with excellent graphic quality. You can see that every day new video formats are coming to existence such as Flv, Mkv, blue ray, etc. These files need their own unique configurations to be played in a media player. The highly integrating features of Kodi player lets you view and play most of the audio and video files. You can also stream videos through the internet and play podcasts with the help of Kodi. It is evident that the extensive use of this application will result from a heap of cache memory that needs to be cleared in time. To clear Kodi cache, there are many methods, and you need to know about them.
In a Nutshell
How to Clear Cache in Kodi?
Cache memory can be defined as the random memory to store program instructions so that the usage will be easy and comfortable. The cache memory of Kodi player contains instructions of various online streaming websites such as youtube, amazon prime or Spotify. If you are a frequent user of this application, then the issue of buffering may persist in front of you several times. The best way to run your Kodi player fluently is to clear Kodi cache automatically. This attempt will release the space from the app and let it work much effectively than before.
Platforms and Services Supported by Kodi
The application of Kodi player is manufactured on a cross-platform framework that is why you can use it any of your electronic display devices. Various operating systems that are supported by Kodi are listed below:-
- Mac OS
These is a full range of operating systems, so it doesn’t matter that which device you have. Just keep in mind that clear cache in Kodi to run it fluently. It can be used on almost every platform without any issue. There is no need to install any simulator to run this app. You can stream online videos with the help of Kodi from a large number of online streaming websites. To make you familiar with the supportive websites and apps, a list is mentioned here:-
- Amazon Prime
- Pandora internet radio
- Razer Forge TV
- Myth TV
- Next PVR
The list doesn’t end here, but only most favorite sites are mentioned here. You can explore its supportive features after installing and using it.
Also Read:- Kodi Exodus not Working? Fix it Right NOW!
How to Clear Cache on Kodi Firestick, Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, etc.?
Many add-ons need to be installed along with this player, which has their own cache memory. If the cache is not cleaned in time, then it may results to the slowdown of your system and crashing too. To prevent these type of situations, various methods can be implemented to erase cache on Kodi Windows. Some of the most effective procedures are mentioned here in detail.
Through App Settings
Step 1: Open Kodi app and go to the programs option. Click on it and then select the add-ons option
Step 2: A menu will appear where raw maintenance option will be visible. Click on the raw maintenance, and you will see the maintenance option there.
Step 3: Now click on it, and clear cache option will appear which you have to select.
Step 4: While clicking on it, a popup window will seem to inform you the number of files in cache memory and button of deleting them.
Step 5: Click on the yes option, and your cache memory will be cleared. The options to clear Kodi thumbnails and packages are also available in that window which can be removed to free the maximum space.
With Maintenance Tool Usage
Step 1: Go to the Kodi home screen where the option of programs will be visible. Click on it, go to Add-ons, and select maintenance tool option which will be shown in the programs list
Step 2: A popup will appear to warn you that this tool is for advanced users only. Click on Continue button, and you will gain access as an advanced user. Then, follow the step given below to delete Kodi cache.
Step 3: Now the community news popup will appear, dismiss it. Click on the general maintenance process where you will see some options.
Step 4: Click on the first option which will be “clear cache” to clear Kodi cache on Android, Windows or iOS.
Also Read:- How to Download and Install DNA TV Kodi Add-On?
From Kodi Data Folder
Step 1: Locate the data folder of Kodi on your device which will be present at different locations in different devices.
A detailed list of locations is mentioned here:-
- For Android: – Android / data / org.xbmc.Kodi / files / .Kodi / userdata/
- For iOS: – / private / var / mobile / Library / Preferences / Kodi / userdata/
- For Mac: – Users / <your_user_name> / Library / Application Support / Kodi / userdata/
- For Linux: – ~/.Kodi / userdata /
- For Open ELEC: – / storage / .Kodi / userdata /
- For Windows: – Start – type %APPDATA% \ Kodi\ userdata – press <Enter>
Step 2: Explore the location according to your device and follow this simple procedure to clear cache of Kodi:–
- Open the data folder in your device
- Delete the file named as “TexturesXX.db”
- Now also delete the “userdata/Thumbnails” folder
- Go back and restart the Kodi box again.
These are the three processes which will be helpful if you think that how to clear cache in Kodi XBMC videos in your Kodi player.
Features of Kodi
This application is rich in the sense of features, and all of the features are amazing. If you have downloaded Kodi on your device and want to know about all of its functions for optimum use, then this will article will surely help you.
I hope you got the answer to how can I clear Kodi cache. So, take a look at the features and discover that what you can get from it:-
- It is compatible with almost every device including the smartphone, tv, laptop and tablet. So, you can easily enjoy the quality of Kodi anywhere, anytime.
- Kodi is capable of playing every kind of video format in every resolution without stopping. Just keep your hardware capable enough to handle the load.
- It is not just a typical video player but also an ideal music player which can play every kind of audio formats such as mp3, Ogg, Aac, Wav, FLAC and WMA formats.
- Kodi is an open source application which can be downloaded for free of cost.
- It is a highly customizable app that enables the users to change the functions according to their convenience. You can customize the theme on your basis or clear your cache on Kodi.
- You can easily stream videos through the internet with the help of Kodi player. All the popular sites are accessible through it easily. Watch your favorite TV shows and movies anytime with great quality.
- The feature of add-ons cannot be ignored because you can install add-ons to your Kodi player for various functions such as audio, video, games, weather, skins, metadata, subtitles and much more.
- You can also control the functions of Kodi with a remote control because this app supports many different remote controls. Some of the remote controls category backed by this app is RF remote, MCE remote, game controller, smartphone or tablets, etc.
- It is a complete media presentation package which can also be used for viewing images in a decent manner. By starting slide show or filtering the pictures, you can rewind your old memories.
- It is an open source program. So, you can also contribute to it by helping users, coding, creating add-ons, documentation and writing, designing and many other ways.
Availability of media players on the internet is unlimited, and their features are also different from each other. But if you want an all in one media player, which is capable of playing any media file then nothing is better than Kodi. It can be used in all of your electronic displays, so there is no issue of compatibility.
The only problem that may persist during its usage is buffering due to a load of cache memory. As the solutions, three methods are covered in this article to clear cache Kodi on Fire Stick or any other devices quickly. Whether you are a new or old user of this app, the issue of cache will undoubtedly occur. Follow any of these explained processes and your Kodi player will again start working with super fast speed.