You despise errors, don’t you? Don’t worry! You won’t have to bang your head on the wall due to SportsDevil web request failed error this time. We have got your back. Being a free streaming solution, Kodi isn’t alien to problems.
Here, at KodiTipsTricks, we have already covered many fixes in the past. In case you are having a different issue, don’t hesitate to comment down below. We will help you fix it as early as possible. For the time being, let’s try solving the issue in the hand, shall we?
In a Nutshell
How to Fix SportsDevil Web Request Failed Error?
You are a sports addict, aren’t you? It just kills you the fact that SportsDevil is not working. As you already read, it is not going to deplete your sleep. In this article, we are going to address the issue once and for all.
Shall we begin? Before we delve into the solutions, you have to know the error can only be resolved through trial and error method. That means, you have to manually go through every fix we are going to share. Just stumble upon the one that works for you.
Solution 1: Enable RTMP on Kodi
The first fix we are going to try out for eliminating SportsDevil error web request failed is to enable RTMP on Kodi. In case you don’t know, it stands for Real-Time Messaging Protocol. Most of the users fix this issue by enabling RTMP. Let’s see you can do the same. Just follow the steps given below.
- Click on AddOns from the main menu of Kodi. Chances are you have a build or skin on top of the default one. Then, you will have to go to Settings>> AddOns.
- What you need to select from this section is My AddOns. Don’t hesitate to pick InputStream section then.
- You now know where you are going, don’t you? RTMP Input option just sits there in front of you. Select and Enable it.
- Don’t think your job is over! Head over to InputStream Adaptive and Enable that too.
- The only thing remaining for you to is restarting Kodi. Do that and once you are back, check for the error.
I hope you managed to get away from the problem. No? You still in quest of an answer to how to fix SportsDevil web request failed? Well, here comes the next fix.
Solution 2: Update the AddOn
We suppose you have no luck in solving the issue with the first fix. So, you are going to update the addon to see if it works. We have seen many people escaping from SportsDevil not working problem through this method.
- You have opened Kodi on the desired device (be it smartphone or TV). In case you haven’t done it still, what are you waiting for!!
- What you need to open is System. The way it unravels before you completely depends on the skin or build you use.
- Don’t be skeptical to choose AddOns. You will get a few more options on the next window.
- What we have to opt for is My AddOns.
- Going with All will get you a list of every single addon you have installed. Scroll down to pick up SportsDevil.
- On the small dialogue box that pops up, you need to click Update.
- You can see a list of versions next. Choose the latest one and there you go!
Are you still getting frustrated with web request failed SportsDevil not working issue? We have a few more solutions to cheer you up.
Solution 3: Rollback to a Previous Version
Whenever an error with Kodi happens, everybody talks about updating the addon. Not a single person we saw have opened their mouth to say ‘hey, you should rollback to a previous version’. Let’s bust the myth.
Hey, you should rollback to a previous SportsDevil version.
We meant it. You can follow the same steps we have mentioned above. Go down when you are choosing the version. Fiddle with different versions and we’re sure one will strike the chord for you.
Solution 4: Get a VPN to Solve SportsDevil Web Request Failed
As a Kodi user, you must know what a VPN is. Full-formed as Virtual Private Network, it helps users avoid online surveillance. Due to many illegal addons available on the platform, many people perceive Kodi as an illicit solution to quench your thirst for multimedia.
What you need is a top-notch VPN. I can’t recommend anything but NordVPN here. It just put SportsDevil 2019 web request failed error to shame.
Solution 5: Reinstall the AddOn
You have already tried updating the addon. Of course, you did roll it back to an older version as well. So, what’s left?
Nothing wrong in reinstalling it, right?
- Follow Settings>> AddOns>> My AddOns.
- You will see SportsDevil there. Just click on it and hit Uninstall.
- In order to get it back, you have to return to AddOns section. Search for SportsDevil and Install it.
There you go! The error has left you forever, hasn’t it? You will not suffer from the scorching hands of the issue ever again.
It’s time for you to get your calm demeanour back. You can now sit back on your chair and watch your favourite team playing. Wasn’t it you always wanted? SportsDevil web request failed problem is nowhere to found. In case the issue still persists, don’t forget to leave a comment down below. We appreciate it if you share any other fix with us.